Mass Harvest uses all the powers given by Unreal Engine 5 to its limits! Early Access Version has the following;
- Dynamic day and night cycle,
- Volumetric lighting & clouds,
- Dynamic weather effects,
- Amazing graphics and visuals,
- Advance Design Weather system (coherent with our dome system)
- Lootable & Craftable weapons,
- Inventory system,
- Survival mechanics,
- Crafting both on inventory and crafting on bench tabs,
- Demo version of the radio system,
- Healing mechanics,
- Infestation decals,
- Infected Humans,
- Infected Nests,
- Advanced animations (real-time transformations),
- Generator, solar panel, etc,
- Buildable constructions (base building and barricading such),
- For bunker; buildable, usable, fixable machines,
- Flamethrower (got dedicated mechanics),
- Alien vegetation,
- Horde Mode for the infected AI. Their bodies interact with each other perfectly and form big groups while chasing you!
- Fillable system so players can gather gas or water from various places, carry them around and also use these on different things.
- Lots of points of interest, about %80 of all buildings on the map are visitable.
- And of course the Dome with all its might!
WHAT’S FOR THE FUTURE
We will prepare a visual roadmap for more information and better understanding but there is some stuff added to the map that is missing its other parts which are to be added after the early access version such as;
- The new machine on the mountains separating the Blackwood Town and the City that we haven’t made yet. It’s some kind of a force shield like the DOME itself but is weaker and its transmitter is built on the mountain so later when we add the city, you will be able to search for clues to find how to disable it and you will come across to blue sheets for an EMP bomb. You will gather more info and parts for it and then eventually plant it, trigger it and take down the middle shield to have access to the city!
- Are there no humans left? Of course, there are. Later we will be adding a whole NPC and Quest system together with an optional Story and add more lore elements to the world.
- The NPC system has many alt categories. The trader NPCs will be stuck in their home and ask you for things in return for what they have in their homes. Bad guys, ah yes we have bad guys… when you do some changes to the world itself they will start to appear, for example, there is a sawmill near your house&bunker. When we have the system in, once you clear the warehouses there and do not settle, the bandits will take over. People in need, you will face people out there trying to survive but do you trust them to take them in? or leave them alone to see them dead another day… For now, finally, we have the resistance, while we were spending time in our bunker there was a war in the city. People who survived founded a resistance and you will face them in some place specific we can’t share right now. Models of most of these characters have been made in the first days of the Mass Harvest yet there were more important things to focus on at that time given we are a small indie team.
There might be some stuff missing, might be big things that will be added after the early access release, or some minor things we forgot about. We are sorry in advance and please let us know all the bugs and problems you see fit through the discord channel. We had to focus on other problems like already existing errors, engine bugs, and AI problems. We are a small indie team. Thanks for your understanding.
When we reach a point where the game runs as we like it to be, we want to add a third-person camera together with CO-OP and Multiplayer features. Throughout the early access duration, we will polish and enrich the already existing content and increase the number of craftables and buildable, together with adding more lootable weapons into the game.