The kingdom of Wendalle is peaceful but divided. It is weak and isolated. Wendalle is barely standing on one leg when it faces a new and devastating threat- an invasion by a strong and fanatic empire.
To make things worse, the king’s closest friend and confidant betrays him and paves the path for the invasion. Since the king has no heir, the traitor plans to take over the throne by claiming that this is to unite his motherland. Is his claim true? Or is he just a puppet of the empire?
Just when all hope seems to be lost, an unknown warrior comes forth with his allies and reshapes Wendalle’s future.
Crimson Tactics is strongly influenced by games like Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre and yet it stands on its own as a worthy spiritual successor to those classics. It also brings in new improvements and additions to the tactics genre-
- The game features a complex class system with over twenty-five classes.
- Players can choose and use from over two hundred abilities.
- Recruit story characters with unique classes, weapons and abilities.
- Combat features an extensive weapon system where players can mix and match from hundreds of different kinds of weapons for a more epic experience.
- A unique mounting system that has mounts ranging from horses to dragons, with each having its own advantages and disadvantages.
- Battles take place on grid based maps.